• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

CHATTANOOGA FC ADDS TWO PLAYERS AHEAD OF NISA LEGENDS CUP

C

Chris Rael

Chattanooga FC Signs Defensive & Offensive Weapons for 2021​

Chattanooga Football Club is adding two new players to its arsenal prior to the start of the NISA Legends Cup. The nine-team tournament precedes the 2021 NISA Spring Season that is set to kick off at the beginning of May.

NISA NEWS: Chattanooga Football Club recently announced the addition of two new players ahead of the 2021 National Independent Soccer Association (NISA) Legends Cup and Spring Season.

Kaio DaSilva, a 6’4” defender, was a two-sport athlete at the University of Albany during two collegiate seasons. DaSilva started in 23 games and played in 34 matches for the Great Danes. He scored six goals and six assists.

“We are excited to welcome Kaio Da Silva to Chattanooga Football Club,” said head coach Peter Fuller. “We are looking for Kaio to strengthen our depth in the back. He has solid defensive instincts and excellent long passing quality.”

HERO-DasilvaJones-20210412181101.jpg

Photo Credit: Chattanooga FC

“I truly feel honored and blessed for the opportunity Chattanooga FC has provided to my family as I continue my footballing career at the next level,” said Da Silva. “In my short time in this city, I have witnessed a powerful sense of community and I am more than excited to play in front of the fans and people of Chattanooga.”

Brett Jones arrives in the Scenic City from the West Coast. He recently played collegiate soccer at Oregon State and UC San Diego. Jones started 39 games in three seasons for the Tritons. He also tallied 18 goals and seven assists.

“CFC is pleased to welcome Brett Jones,” said Fuller. “He is a versatile forward who possesses the ability to get behind the defense with his pace! He can play equally well in a system that uses three forwards or two forwards.”

“I’m super excited to join Chattanooga FCl” said Brett. “The environment that the team and the community has built here is second to none, and I’m thrilled to be a part of it. I look forward to playing for CFC and helping the team succeed in the future.”

Chattanooga FC will serve as host of the Legends Cup tournament, which will be held April 13-25 in Tennessee. CFC will open tournament play on Saturday, April 13, at 8:00 p.m. ET. At the end of June, the 2021 Legends Cup Champion will take on the Spring Season Champion at Keyworth Stadium in Detroit. The match will be held on Wednesday, June 30. The winner will face off against 2020 Fall Champion Detroit City FC for the 2020-2021 NISA Championship.

Chattanooga FC will officially kick off the 2021 NISA Spring Season on Sunday, May 2, at 7:00 p.m. ET.

Media Credit: Chattanooga FC

The post CHATTANOOGA FC ADDS TWO PLAYERS AHEAD OF NISA LEGENDS CUP appeared first on SoccerToday.

Continue reading...

SoccerToday News from Diane Scavuzzo