• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

HAO and Team for Tomorrow

SDSoccer

Administrator
Staff member
d0ace167-151c-45e2-96ee-6ce366f42c08.Large.jpg

Heather O'Reilly at the Wang YMCA in Boston, Mass. on May 31http://sitelife.ussoccer.com/ver1.0...d0ace167-151c-45e2-96ee-6ce366f42c08.Full.jpg

During the U.S. team’s last break, two-time Olympic gold medalist Heather O'Reilly visited the Wang YMCA of Chinatown in Boston, Mass on May 31 as an Athlete Ambassador for the United States Olympic Committee's Team for Tomorrow program.
O'Reilly shared her personal story with the young athletes and also spoke about the importance of living an active and healthy lifestyle.
O’Reilly, who completed her student teaching requirements while graduating from UNC, has always been good with the little ones.
"Giving back to the community is an important part of being an Olympian because you truly get to impact others," said O'Reilly. "Whenever I work with young people, I leave smiling. Their passion for soccer and for life is infectious, and I am proud to say that even though I am the one showing them soccer drills, I learn from them as well. I'm particularly looking forward to visiting the Wang YMCA in Boston to talk about our team's upcoming journey to London this summer."
The USOC launched Team for Tomorrow in 2008 in partnership with U.S. Olympians and Paralympians to provide a vehicle through which U.S. athletes can offer their assistance and support to those in need around the world, as well as a means to continue spreading the Olympic Values of excellence, friendship and respect. Through this initiative, U.S. athletes offer assistance and support in the form of donations, volunteerism, disaster recovery support, advocacy and other contributions to communities.
O'Reilly and her fellow Team for Tomorrow Athlete Ambassadors are serving as captains of the program on behalf of the entire 2012 U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Team. As ambassadors, this select group of athletes will act as advocates and champions of the effort, educating their U.S. teammates and spreading awareness about Team for Tomorrow's causes for 2012.

Continue reading...