• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

What They Eat For Breakfast

SDSoccer

Administrator
Staff member
One element of the nutrition education for the players has been the importance not just of what they eat, but when they eat it. Having breakfast in the morning before the intense training sessions begin is critical, and something that a lot of players have had to adjust to in their meal planning. Many of the players accustomed to eating before training, but the right type of foods can make an important contribution to performance.

With that in mind, we surveyed four players this morning on what they have for a typical breakfast. The amount and types of food certainly varied, but they all recognize the value.

Juan Agudelo
"I have an omelet with onion, ham, spinach, avocado and tomatoes. I'm not good at making omelets, so I like having them here. I eat yogurt, granola and some fruit because it digests fast before training."

Josh Gatt
"I don't really like eating in the morning, but i know it's important. I eat a bowl of raisin bran, and then a bowl of fruit."

Matt Besler
"I eat an omelet with peppers, tomatoes and a little bit of cheese with a side of fruit. I go back up and get a bowl of yogurt and granola. If i'm still hungry, i bring up a banana to my room for later. I'm trying to eat oatmeal more. I don't really like it, but I know it's good for you."

A.J. DeLaGarza
"In the morning I like to eat an omelet, some fruit, apple juice and toast. I don't really like to feel up my stomach before practice, but i know it's important."

Continue reading...