• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

CALIFORNIA UNITED STRIKERS ANNOUNCE SIGNING AYDAN BOWERS

D

Diane Scavuzzo

Southern California Soccer Player Returns From Europe and Joins NISA West Coast Champions

Aydan Bowers returned from his first pro stint in Europe earlier this year and is thrilled to be back at home in Southern California and join NISA’s West Coast Champions, the California United Strikers.

California United Strikers has announced the signing of Aydan Bowers. The 23-year-old defender is joining the NISA West Coast Champions, effective immediately. Bowers, who calls Southern California home, returned from playing in Europe earlier this year and was most recently on trial with USL prior to joining the NISA team.

CALIFORNIA UNITED STRIKERS ANNOUNCE SIGNING AYDEN BOWERS

Signing the Contract – Aydan Bowers with Michael Collins at California United Strikers

“Aydan Bowers comes from an incredible soccer family,” said Michael Collins, president of California United Strikers. “Aydan’s father is Sean Bowers is the former captain of the US Men’s Futsal Team and was drafted to play for the MLS Kansas City Wizards. Aydan is following in his father’s footsteps and is a fantastic player. We are fortunate we got him.”

“We are looking for Aydan Bowers to play a vital part in our season success.”

Michael Collins, President of California United Strikers

Bowers is back from playing for the European club FC Helsingor, which is known for signing young American talent and had offered the young defender his first pro contract when he was 22-years-old. A former San Francisco State Men’s Soccer team standout, Bowers has also played for USL League Two’s SF Glens.

When California United Strikers head coach Don Ebert first saw Bowers play, he noticed the defender’s presence on the field.

“I was impressed with Aydan Bowers’ decision making, and he absolutely brings toughness and athleticism to our backline.”

Don Ebert, Head Coach of California United Strikers

“What really struck me about Bowers was his calmness as a young defender,” said Ebert.

Bowers believes his experience playing for FC Helsingør in Europe helped him mature and develop as a player. “It is a big sacrifice to play soccer far away from home,” said Bower. “I am a big believer that you need to sacrifice — and being in Europe playing soccer was a great experience, I learned how to be a professional playing with players who played in higher divisions.”

Proud to have ‘graduated’ from the Danish Second Division team, Bowers is excited to trade up from their 4,000-seat Helsingør Stadium to Cal United’s Championship Stadium in Orange County Great Park.

When asked what if meant to join the NISA West Coast Championship team, Bowers said, “It is awesome. I am excited to join a team with a winning culture and have that mindset to win another championship.”

Read: CALIFORNIA UNITED STRIKERS ARE NISA WEST COAST CHAMPIONS

“Awesome welcome to the team — Everyone has welcomed me with open arms,” said Bowers who looks forward to making a contribution to his new squad. “As a center back, I am very good a reading the game and at center-back, the game is in front of you — it helps me control the game and communicate with my teammates.”

“I grew up playing for the Arsenal FC in Ontario and competing against the Strikers FC,” said Bowers. “It is super cool to be back in Southern California and play for the California United Strikers — and have my family and friends attend games. I missed my family tremendously when I was in Denmark.

“It only takes one opportunity for your life to change in football,” said Bowers. “My life changed dramatically when I signed my first professional contract.”

“Nothing is really guaranteed, your life can change in a snap of the finger … From the top to the bottom.”

Aydan Bowers, Defender – California United Strikers

Bowers, who wants to return someday to play soccer in Europe, is excited to help his new club earn their next championship and make a positive impact on the field.

Read: NISA WEST COAST CHAMPIONS CAL UNITED STRIKERS KICK OFF 2020

Cal United teammate Chris Klute welcomed Bowers warmly when he joined the squad. “We are looking for guys that are passionate, and driven and want to get better. My first impression of Aydan was that he’s a really nice guy. On the field, he positions himself well and he’s good winning balls out of the air. I like how hard he works and he’s a good kid.”

Klute who has earned top marks in the MLS with a team Defensive Player of the Year honor believes the team’s chemistry makes it really easy to welcome any new player. “It’s almost as if Bowers was already apart of the team,” added Klute.

“It is super cool joining the West Coast Champions, and I can’t wait to work hard to make an impact on the field.”

Aydan Bowers, Defender – California United Strikers

Read: CHANGING THE GAME – THE WOMAN WHO OWNS CALIFORNIA UNITED STRIKERS

The post CALIFORNIA UNITED STRIKERS ANNOUNCE SIGNING AYDAN BOWERS appeared first on SoccerToday.

Continue reading...

SoccerToday News from Diane Scavuzzo