• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

Clubs vs Leagues

SDSoccer

Administrator
Staff member
AYSO has both club and recreational in my experience.. They also have AYSO Matrix not sure but, I think that is in betweet recreational and club..

soccer life

We started with AYSO in Alpine Ca and loved it!
It was the perfect foundation for my children to learn the basics of soccer and to find out if it was their sport in a very kick back way. The coaches were great and the cost is very low.
Both my girls have moved to club and are going into their 4th year in club soccer.

soccer life

My experience is YMCA is more of a recreational Soccer. Clubs they only want the best and have to have tryouts.. Not sure about AYSO..

As far as clubs: it is not true that clubs only want the best- club soccer usually will offer 3 levels of development per age group so that a rec level (AYSO /YMCA) type player can join into the club and get the quality of training of the more skilled players.
A lot of the times you will be surprised on how fast your little one will work their way into the more advanced level of teams with some great coaching. The biggest factor for parents is money and time between the two options.

SDSoccer

Administrator
Staff member
We started with AYSO in Alpine Ca and loved it!
It was the perfect foundation for my children to learn the basics of soccer and to find out if it was their sport in a very kick back way. The coaches were great and the cost is very low.
Both my girls have moved to club and are going into their 4th year in club soccer.
what club are they with? Yesterday I talked with a parent and he said the NADO is the place to be? Any info would greatly be appreciated.

soccer life

what club are they with? Yesterday I talked with a parent and he said the NADO is the place to be? Any info would greatly be appreciated.

It depends on the age and how much effort you want to put into soccer? My girls are with differant clubs one is with Albion and the other is with Hot Spurs.

619Soccer

Found this on Cal South Site..

CLUB
Club.JPG

RECREATIONAL LEAGUE
Recreation.JPG

COMPETITIVE LEAGUE
Compt.JPG