• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

Commenting on the Call Up

SDSoccer

Administrator
Staff member
Receiving an invitation to play for the National Team is the highest honor in any player's career. Here's how several of the players reacted to the news that they Jurgen Klinsmann had called them into the January training camp.

New York Red Bulls defender Connor Lade (newyorkredbulls.com)

“Originally I received an email telling me, and then I received a phone call from Jurgen. I kind of had to pinch myself picking up that call, because he’s such a legend and he’s done great things for the national team and he’s taking them in the right direction. It’s just very exciting and I’m really looking forward to getting in camp and hopefully showing well for myself and the club, and to just try to make an impact on them for the future.”

Houston Dynamo goalkeeper Tally Hall (houstondynamo.com)

“I am very excited to receive a call-up to the national team camp. There are already a lot of great goalkeepers in the camp, so to be given this chance, I am very grateful. I have to give a lot of credit to my Dynamo teammates. Their performance has been outstanding, and I have been rewarded by being on a team with hard-working individuals who care about each other.”

Sporting Kansas City defender Matt Besler (sportingkc.com)

"I am both honored and excited to get called in to the U.S. Men’s National Team camp,” Besler said. “This will be my first chance at an extended look with the team and I'm determined to make the most of the opportunity. I look forward to getting started and I will represent myself, teammates, coaches and fans to the best of my ability."

Real Salt Lake defender Tony Beltran (realsaltlake.com)

“For a footballer, to be called in to represent one’s country is the highest honor. I am thrilled to be able to begin the year with this new challenge. I go into camp as I do anything in life, ready to learn and work hard. My hope is to leave my mark with the team, and return to RSL the better for the experience, ready for the season.”

Continue reading...