• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

EASTERN NEW YORK ODP COACH AMANDA FERRANTI AUTHORS HER FIRST BOOK

R

Randy Vogt

Own Who You Are is Specifically Focused on Athletes

New York Soccer News: Amanda puts what she learned on soccer fields into her first book

Amanda Ferranti, an Olympic Development Program (ODP) coach in the Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA), has co-authored a new workbook with Sean McMannis titled Own Who You Are. It is the first book for both budding authors.

Published by Complete Well Media, Own Who You Are is specifically focused on helping an athlete develop fundamental routines to build and maintain confidence, joy, and pride in their performance.

Designed for athletes ages 12 and above, Own Who You Are is 124 pages long and the five chapters are named My Well, My Breathing, My Core Values, My Character, and My Gratitude.

Ferranti has a MA in Sport and Exercise Psychology, a BA in Psychology from Princeton University and is a CMPC (Certified Mental Performance Consultant) for youth players, teams, and coaches.

An advocate of mental skills training from personal experiences, she understands the importance of emotional management and uses her innovation and unique knowledge specifically for youth sports.

image-3.png

Ferranti is a former semipro soccer player with the Long Island Rough Riders and played for the Princeton Tigers in the NCAA Final Four. She grew up in the Long Island Junior Soccer League (LIJSL) with the Huntington Boys Club (HBC) Lasers and HBC Fury, competing in three national championships for the Fury. She played in Eastern New York ODP for six years and Regional ODP for two years.

The Northport resident grew up in Melville and has been coaching ODP for six years.

More on the book: Check out Google.

ENYYSA logo

Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association
: With 100,000 youth soccer players–both boys and girls–and more than 25,000 volunteers, the non-profit Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA) reaches from Montauk Point, Long Island to the Canadian border. Members are affiliated with nine leagues throughout the association, which covers the entire state of New York east of Route 81. ENYYSA exists to promote and enhance the game of soccer for children and teenagers between the ages of 5 and 19 years old and to encourage the healthy development of youth players, coaches, referees, and administrators.

The post EASTERN NEW YORK ODP COACH AMANDA FERRANTI AUTHORS HER FIRST BOOK appeared first on SoccerToday.

Continue reading...

SoccerToday News from Diane Scavuzzo