• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

ERIK PANZER JOINS CHATTANOOGA FC

D

Diane Scavuzzo

Chattanooga FC Adds New Zealander

Chattanooga Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of defender Erik Panzer to the club for its inaugural professional season. Erik Panzer is a familiar name in his home country of New Zealand.

The 26-year-old spent the last three seasons in the top tier of New Zealand soccer.

Erik graduated from Quinnipiac University in 2016, where he started in 15 matches for the Bobcats. Panzer can play a variety of positions on defense and has seen the most action as a central defender and defensive midfielder. He is eager to ply his trade in the Scenic City.

“To be able to represent Chattanooga as a football club and a city is an honor and I’m very excited to be a part of this amazing community,” said Panzer. “I look forward to pulling on the jersey, representing so many people around the world, and I can’t wait to hear the Chattahooligans in full voice, home or away.”

Erik gained immeasurable experience after college, playing professionally around the globe. First with Truro City FC in England, then Nordvärmlands in Sweden’s second tier. His experience in Scandanavia earned him a trip to the New Zealand Premiership, where he played for a number of clubs, most recently Southern United FC, before coming to the states to play for Chattanooga FC

“Erik is a quality defender that we are excited to add to the group,” said Peter Fuller, Head Coach, Chattanooga FC. “He is a strong communicator who brings good defensive presence on the field. His experience will be valuable as we navigate through this first professional season.”

Supporters will get a first chance to see Erik in action when the NISA spring schedule begins., hopefully in a few weeks.

The post ERIK PANZER JOINS CHATTANOOGA FC appeared first on SoccerToday.

Continue reading...

SoccerToday News from Diane Scavuzzo