• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

FRANK GIULIANO HONORED WITH NEW JERSEY YIUTH SOCCER AWARD

S

Staff

NJYS Frank Giuliano Earns NJYS Distinguished Service Award​

New Jersey Youth Soccer‘s 33rd Annual NJYS Awards Presented by RWJBarnabas Health presented Frank Giuliano with its 2020 NJYS Distinguished Service Award.

“It is a great honor to be recognized for my 44 years of service to the soccer game and community.”

Frank Giuliano

“I have devoted a great portion of my life to the beautiful game, and therefore, I have to also recognize my family for all of their sacrifices along the way,” said Frank Giuliano.

A dedicated volunteer who has made countless contributions to the game in New Jersey, Giuliano has continually served as a great example for the soccer community throughout the years.

A native of Italy, he moved to New Jersey as a young adult in pursuit of his own professional career. When he arrived, Giuliano signed with Paterson Roma and would go on to win the U.S. Open Cup.

After an introduction to the Treasurer of the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF) led to a few volunteer roles, Giuliano found himself running the Wayne Police Athletic League (PAL) before eventually starting his own youth league. At that time, he became more involved in the NJ Youth Soccer landscape, where he became an influential figure in the growth of soccer in northern New Jersey.

Despite his humble beginnings, Giuliano did not only have an influence on the youth levels but also made an impact professionally. Due to his volunteer work with the USSF, Giuliano found himself a role within the New York Cosmos in an operational capacity.

From there, he transitioned to a position within the FIFA World Cup committee and coordinated the games played at Giants Stadium in 1994. During the tournament, Giuliano was introduced to the General Manager of the New York/New Jersey MetroStars, Charlie Stillitano, and went on to spend 16 years as the referee liaison for both the MetroStars and New York Red Bulls. Even with that considerable workload, Giuliano continued to help develop youth soccer in the State of New Jersey.

“Frank embodies the core values that has made NJ Youth Soccer what is today,” stated Jess Yeager, NJYS President. “His selfless contributions over the past four decades have given opportunity to countless players who have benefited from youth soccer participation. His accomplishments will never be forgotten.”

From Coach to Club Administrator to State Cup Chairman, Giuliano has truly played an instrumental role in multiple areas for the youth game in New Jersey. Deservedly, he was inducted into the NJYS Hall of Fame in 1998 for his tremendous work.

Despite being away from the game, Giuliano remains updated on the current NJYS news and is beyond thankful to continue his passion for the game in New Jersey. Considering his 44 years of service, it is hard to imagine someone who cares more about youth soccer than Frank Giuliano.

To find out more about New Jersey Youth Soccer or to contact us directly, please email communications@njyouthsoccer.com. Also make sure to follow us on social media: @NJYouthSoccer.

The post FRANK GIULIANO HONORED WITH NEW JERSEY YIUTH SOCCER AWARD appeared first on SoccerToday.

Continue reading...

SoccerToday News from Diane Scavuzzo