• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

NEW YORK YOUTH SOCCER SCHOLARSHIP GOES TO REILLY RICH

R

Randy Vogt

Reilly Rich Receives Eastern New York’s Jack Bauman Scholarship

New York Soccer News: Reilly was Class President, lead violinist and captain of three varsity teams.

The Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA) congratulates Reilly Rich, who is receiving a Jack Bauman Scholarship, which is based on success in high school as well as community service.

image-5.png

Reilly was Class President, lead violinist, a member of the National Honor Society, captain of the varsity teams in soccer, basketball and lacrosse plus was the 2019 New York State Class B Player of the Year for soccer at Central Valley Academy. She broke the school record for goals scored when she was an eighth grader and then broke her own record as a senior.

The Ilion resident has played for the Coliseum Soccer Club in the Central New York Youth Soccer League (CNYYSL) since the age of eight as well as for Eastern New York’s Olympic Development Program (ODP).

Reilly wrote in her essay, ”I think it’s vitally important to give back to my community in any way that I can because if I didn’t have all the opportunities bestowed upon me, along with all the people in my life who support me, I would not be the person I am today. I’ve been fortunate enough to have grown up in such an amazing, close-knit community where everyone truly comes together to support one another. Everyone wants to be part of something positive and when our soccer team, for the first time in school history, became league champs, then sectional champs, then regional champs, and then state finalists, the community ended up being the driving force that excelled our team.”

The scholarship’s namesake, Jack Bauman, is considered the father of women’s soccer on Long Island. He was devoted to the Massapequa Soccer Club, Eastern New York and making sure that girls had as many opportunities to play soccer as boys did in an era when girls playing sports was not as accepted as it is today.

We wish Reilly the best studying and playing soccer at Nazareth College.

ENYYSA logo

Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association
: With 100,000 youth soccer players–both boys and girls–and more than 25,000 volunteers, the non-profit Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA) reaches from Montauk Point, Long Island to the Canadian border. Members are affiliated with nine leagues throughout the association, which covers the entire state of New York east of Route 81. ENYYSA exists to promote and enhance the game of soccer for children and teenagers between the ages of 5 and 19 years old and to encourage the healthy development of youth players, coaches, referees, and administrators.

The post NEW YORK YOUTH SOCCER SCHOLARSHIP GOES TO REILLY RICH appeared first on SoccerToday.

Continue reading...

SoccerToday News from Diane Scavuzzo