• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

NEW YORK YOUTH SOCCER SCHOLARSHIP GOES TO SHANE ROSS

R

Randy Vogt

Shane Ross Receives Eastern New York’s Livio D’Arpino Scholarship

New York Soccer News: Shane attended prestigious Regis High School, where he received the Order of the Owl, their highest academic honor, all four years

The Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA) is very pleased to announce that Shane Ross is receiving a Livio D’Arpino Scholarship. The award is based on success in high school as well as community service.

image-1.png

The Long Beach resident attended Regis High School in Manhattan where he was a National Merit Finalist and received the Order of the Owl, the highest academic honor at Regis, all four years. On the Regis soccer field, Shane was team captain, two-time New York City champion and made the All-City Select Team.

His community service included Leader of the Nassau County Kids Tales Program, Teaching Assistant at St. Ann’s School in Harlem, Writing Assistant at Regis plus a Summer Volunteer at NYU Winthrop Hospital. Additionally, he plays the piano and is working on his conversational fluency in both Polish and Spanish.

In the Long Island Junior Soccer League (LIJSL), Shane played for the Levittown Gunners, plus was a member of the EDP Select Team.

The scholarship’s namesake, Livio D’Arpino, was a beloved Eastern New York Vice President who was seemingly involved in every level of local soccer before his untimely passing in 2002.

Shane concluded his essay by writing, “As I start my college career as a student and soccer player at Swarthmore College, I hope to be a person who leads and can be counted on. As Mr. D’Arpino was, I hope to be viewed throughout my life as a person for others.”

ENYYSA logo

Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association
: With 100,000 youth soccer players–both boys and girls–and more than 25,000 volunteers, the non-profit Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA) reaches from Montauk Point, Long Island to the Canadian border. Members are affiliated with nine leagues throughout the association, which covers the entire state of New York east of Route 81. ENYYSA exists to promote and enhance the game of soccer for children and teenagers between the ages of 5 and 19 years old and to encourage the healthy development of youth players, coaches, referees, and administrators.

The post NEW YORK YOUTH SOCCER SCHOLARSHIP GOES TO SHANE ROSS appeared first on SoccerToday.

Continue reading...

SoccerToday News from Diane Scavuzzo