• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

Newcastle Native

SDSoccer

Administrator
Staff member
For many on the U.S. WNT coaching staff, this trip to the U.K. is a homecoming of sorts. Goalkeeper coach Paul Rogers is from Brighton in the south of England, assistant coach Jill Ellis lived in Folkstone, England before moving to the United States in high school, and fitness coach Dawn Scott is from -- wait for it -- Newcastle! Yes, she is a "Geordie," born and bred.

Scott has been supporting Newcastle United FC since her youth and it's safe to say that during the team's walk-through today at St. James' Park, she was particularly thrilled.

"Walking on the pitch where I have previously watched Geordie legends such as Chris Waddle, Gazza, Beardsley and Shearer from the stands totally gave me goose bumps! I can't wait for the WNT to get out there and play some more entertaining soccer for the Geordie fans! H'way the lasses!"

As a long-time Newcastle United supporter, it was a big thrill for Dawn Scott to walk on the pitch at St. James' Park!

Continue reading...