• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

ROSS ENNIS NAMED 2019 NJYS COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR

J

John Archibald

New Jersey Youth Soccer’s 2019 Comeback Player of the Year Presented by JAG-ONE Physical Therapy

Many youth soccer players face obstacles in their journey on and off the field but making a comeback signifies being successful after confronting a major challenge. It takes great courage and determination to be a comeback player.

New Jersey Youth Soccer recently hosted its 32nd Annual NJYS Awards Dinner Presented by RWJBarnabas Health, where many players, coaches and members of the soccer community were celebrated at the Pines Manor in Edison, N.J. One of those honorees was Ross Ennis, who was selected as the 2019 Comeback Player of the Year Presented by JAG-ONE Physical Therapy.

New Jersey Youth Soccer's  2019 Comeback Player of the Year Presented by JAG-ONE Physical Therapy

Ennis suffered a very unfortunate injury when he tore his ACL during the first round of the 2018 NJYS State Cup.

After having surgery that May, he would have to endure a strenuous year of physical therapy in order to return to the field.

However, his focus and determination after the injury would pay off. His first action back on the pitch was during the NJYS State Cups competition in 2019, where he helped his team win the NJYS State Cup for his age group before moving onto regional play in West Virginia.

“This award means everything to me because it shows that my hard work paid off after a year of recovery,” said Ennis.

“The hardest part was the first two weeks of trying to get around the house on crutches while keeping up with schoolwork and drills that my physical therapist gave me. I cannot thank everyone who helped me enough because I am better than ever before, and I cannot wait to play college soccer.”

John Gallucci Jr., who is the CEO of JAG-ONE Physical Therapy, also commented about the incredible resolve that Ennis displayed during his rehabilitation.

“The Comeback Player of the Year Award was created to honor an individual who has overcome adversity or injury to excel beyond expectations as a soccer player,” said Gallucci Jr.

“After enduring an ACL injury with a long road to recovery in his future, Ross persevered and remained dedicated to getting back on the field with his teammates. On behalf of our entire JAG-ONE Physical Therapy family, we congratulate Ross on all he has achieved and are proud to honor him as the 2019 Comeback Player of the Year!”

JAG-ONE Physical Therapy is a comprehensive physical and occupational therapy company with 48 locations throughout Brooklyn, Staten Island, Queens, Westchester, Manhattan, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. The Company’s multi-specialty staff has been serving the Tri-State area for over 20 years and has developed a unique, care-first model of physical therapy that delivers high-quality clinical outcomes for its patients.

The post ROSS ENNIS NAMED 2019 NJYS COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR appeared first on SoccerToday.

Continue reading...

SoccerToday News from Diane Scavuzzo