• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

20-YEAR-OLD CARLOS AVILEZ SIGNS HOMEGROWN CONTRACT WITH FC DALLAS

D

Diane Scavuzzo

FC Dallas Signs Carlos Avilez as the Club’s 29th Homegrown Player

Avilez joins the club ahead of the MLS is Back Tournament in Orlando

FC Dallas has signed goalkeeper Carlos Avilez as the team’s league-leading 29th Homegrown Player, the club announced June 18.

Avilez will be under contract for the 2020 season with options for future seasons.

“This is something I’ve been working for since I joined the club at 12 years old.”

Carlos Avilez – FC Dallas homegrown goalkeeper

“I’m very humbled to say I’m very happy and satisfied with myself, the coaching staff, my family, and everyone in FC Dallas family for pushing me every year I’ve been with the club,” Avilez said.

FC Dallas Signs Carlos Avilez as the Club’s 29th Homegrown Player

Avilez, 21, signed with North Texas SC on Jan. 31, 2019, and was part of the team that won the 2019 USL League One title. He started 20 games for North Texas SC and recorded nine clean sheets.

Avilez has been called up to Mexico’s U-20 National Team camp on two occasions.

He joined the FC Dallas Academy in 2012 and was the first Academy product to sign a contract through the club’s affiliation with Oklahoma City Energy FC in 2017. The new goalkeeper will travel with the team to Orlando for the MLS is Back Tournament.

Name: Carlos Avilez
Connect with Carlos: Twitter | Instagram
Position: Goalkeeper
Height: 6-1
Weight: 160
Date of Birth: January 9, 1999
Birthplace: Dallas, Texas
Hometown: Dallas, Texas
Citizenship: USA
Transaction: FC Dallas signs goalkeeper Carlos Avilez through the end of the 2020 season with options for future seasons.

Per team policy, additional terms of the deal will not be disclosed.

The post 20-YEAR-OLD CARLOS AVILEZ SIGNS HOMEGROWN CONTRACT WITH FC DALLAS appeared first on SoccerToday.

Continue reading...

SoccerToday News from Diane Scavuzzo