• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

HECTOR TRUJILLO INTERVIEW WITH 1904 FC’S OZZIE RAMOS

H

Hector Trujillo

Ozzie Ramos Returns to San Diego for 2021 NISA Season​

After playing professionally last season in Mexico’s Liga de Balompié Mexicano, midfielder Ozzie Ramos has returned home to make a second run with 1904 FC as the team competes in the NISA Legends Cup earning a draw in against Michigan Stars FC in their first match.

I recently got a chance to interview Ramos about his experiences south of the border and what he expects from his team this season.

HECTOR TRUJILLO INTERVIEW WITH 1904 FC'S OZZIE RAMOS

Interview with 1904 FC’s Ozzie Ramos:​

Hector Trujillo: What made you want to come back to San Diego and 1904 FC?

Ozzie Ramos: 1904 has a staff that believes in me, my qualities as a player and person, and I know what head coach Alex (Gontran) demands of me will allow me to show the best version of myself on the pitch as well as continue to grow professionally and personally.

Hector Trujillo: What can you say about your team’s style of play?

Ozzie Ramos: The style Alex is looking for the club to play is one that I find attractive, that suits my profile, and that I believe will get us important results.

Hector Trujillo: How did your decision come about to return with 1904 FC?

Ozzie Ramos: After heading to Mexico, we kept in communication and when the club found out there would be a Spring season, they reached back out to me and explained to me the project for the Spring 2021 NISA tournament/season.

I know the exact role they are expecting of me as one of the leaders on the team and it’s one that I am confident with.

Hector Trujillo: What was your experience like with Atlético Jalisco?

Ozzie Ramos: I learned a lot playing in Guadalajara. Definitely a different style of play, different culture, different lifestyle that forced me to quickly adapt. Playing at a club of players with multiple years in Liga MX, national team caps, and World Cup experience was a great environment to be in on a daily basis and grow as a player.

Although my time there was cut short for off-field reasons out of my control, I’m taking many learning moments, friendships, and positives from my coaching staff and teammates there.

Hector Trujillo: What do you expect from your the team this season?

I expect the team to be a protagonist in the NISA. This is a team that has a mix of experienced players, returners, and young players, versatile players that can play in more than one position which will strengthen our playing style.

I know every single player on the team is burning to get the season started.

We know that this Spring 2021 season is short and we have to make the most of every opportunity we get to perform on the pitch.

Media Credit: 1904 FC

The post HECTOR TRUJILLO INTERVIEW WITH 1904 FC’S OZZIE RAMOS appeared first on SoccerToday.

Continue reading...

SoccerToday News from Diane Scavuzzo