• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

JOHN BABULA HONORED AS 2021 NJYS BOB MCNULTY COACH OF THE YEAR

S

Staff

New Jersey Youth Soccer Honors Youth Soccer Coach of the Year​

Khya Robinson, NJ Youth Soccer

New Jersey Youth Soccer continues its virtual celebration of the 34th Annual NJYS Awards Presented by RWJBarnabas Health today, officially announcing John Babula of Bloomfield Soccer Club as the 2021 NJYS Bob McNulty Coach of the Year. As part of his acknowledgement, Babula participated in an exclusive interview with New York Red Bulls defender John Tolkin.

“Being selected as the 2021 NJYS Bob McNulty Coach of the Year is an absolute honor,” said Babula of the acknowledgement. “It is one that I am very proud to receive, but I also know that I share this honor with all the parents, players, friends, mentor coaches, fellow coaches and of course my family who have all provided guidance, advice and helped me to become the best coach that I can be.”

Babula is the head coach of Bloomfield Barcelona, a team he started four years ago by bringing together local boys from town to play soccer. Since he began coaching, the primary focus of his soccer philosophy has been to encourage his players to be better both on and off the pitch.

“John coaches as a gift to his son and because he loves the game,” said Didier Berrio, whose child is coached by Babula. “He has created an amazing team, with boys who love soccer and enjoy each other, who have stayed together for four years, who are good sportsmen and who have succeeded at the highest level. The players and parents on Bloomfield Barcelona already know that John is the Coach of the Year.”

Babula maintains a passion for his players and the local community at large, which has played a very important role in the success of Bloomfield Barcelona. Four years ago, the team consisted mostly of recreational players who aspired to compete at a higher level, and the same group of boys remains today with an even greater degree of dedication. Since its inception, the team has continually elevated its status in terms of flighting, and at the root of those achievements are the lessons and standards that were instilled by Babula along the way.

As part of his acknowledgement, Babula participated in an exclusive interview with New York Red Bulls defender John Tolkin.

The virtual celebration of the NJYS Awards Presented by RWJBarnabas Health will continue over the coming weeks, with award winners being announced and featured in special video interviews. To find out more information about New Jersey Youth Soccer or to contact us directly, please email communications@njyouthsoccer.com. Also make sure to follow us on social media: @NJYouthSoccer

The post JOHN BABULA HONORED AS 2021 NJYS BOB MCNULTY COACH OF THE YEAR appeared first on SoccerToday.

Continue reading...

SoccerToday News from Diane Scavuzzo