• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

NEW JERSEY ODP HOSTS FIRST YOUNG OLYMPIANS SESSIONS 0F 2021

S

Staff

New Jersey’s Talented Youth Soccer Players Come Out For ODP​

The New Jersey Olympic Development Program (ODP) recently held the first training sessions of the season for its Young Olympians Program (YOP). The YOP provides players with an introductory experience to New Jersey ODP while also allowing them to showcase their abilities to the ODP coaching staff.

“We are so excited to get the Young Olympians Program started,” said James Galanis, NJYS Director of Technical Operations. “This year, we made changes to the curriculum that will give us a better look at the talent that is out there, and give the players an opportunity to truly show what they can do.”

JAMES GALANIS ON NEW JERSEY YOUTH SOCCER'S ODP
JAMES GALANIS ON NEW JERSEY YOUTH SOCCER’S ODP

Young Olympians is divided into the following four regions:

• North (Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic and Sussex)
  • Central (Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Somerset, Union and Warren)
  • Shore (Monmouth and Ocean)
  • South (Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem)

The YOP consists of a monthly 75-minute training session in March, April and May, which eventually culminates with a 4v4 and 9v9 tournament in June. The tournament environment of the training sessions provides players with an introduction to the ODP curriculum. Further, the athletes are able to showcase the full range of their abilities so coaches can more accurately identify players for New Jersey ODP.

“There is nothing more glorious than to see a field of dreams being filled with Young Olympians eager to make dreams come true,” said Homere Breton, YOP Director. “We look forward to nurturing the Young Olympians’ growth into ODP players.”

The Young Olympians Program is designed specifically for players born in 2010 and 2011 (U10 and U11).

The goal of the program is to facilitate a high-level training environment, in addition to offering participants an opportunity to compete with other aspiring players from New Jersey. The YOP does not conduct tryouts as part of its training program, and it is designed to supplement, not replace, the club experience.

“I had a great time at Young Olympians as I worked on my skills and met new people from other teams,” said Jordan Perez (2010). “The coaches were great and let us use our skills during the game. I can’t wait for the next session!”

For more information about Young Olympians and New Jersey ODP, please email odp@njyouthsoccer.com. Additionally, make sure to like the official New Jersey ODP Facebook Page.

The post NEW JERSEY ODP HOSTS FIRST YOUNG OLYMPIANS SESSIONS 0F 2021 appeared first on SoccerToday.

Continue reading...

SoccerToday News from Diane Scavuzzo