• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

NEW YORK YOUTH SOCCER SCHOLARSHIP GOES TO KYLA BURNS

R

Randy Vogt

Kyla Burns Receives Eastern New York’s Masotto/Driscoll Scholarship

New York Soccer News: Kyla played ODP for both Eastern New York and the East Region.

The Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA) is very pleased to announce that Kyla Burns is receiving a Patricia Louise Masotto and Brenda Driscoll Scholarship. The award is based on success in high school as well as community service. The scholarship’s namesakes were best friends and top women’s soccer players from Massapequa, Long Island and Eastern New York set up a scholarship in their name after they were killed by a drunk driver in 1985.

image-2.png

Kyla wrote in her essay that “I’m not sure what my life would look like without soccer, and I don’t think that I’d want to see it. After 14 years of different teammates, coaches and experiences, I have friends all over the East Coast. The relationships I’ve made through the game is something I wouldn’t trade for anything.”

In the East Hudson Youth Soccer League (EHYSL), Kyla played for the Kingston Flames, Red Hook Rain and Red Hook Heatwave as well as the East Hudson Academy. She also competed for the Olympic Development Program (ODP) for Eastern New York as well as the East Region.

“I had been lucky enough to have my dad as my travel team coach when I was in elementary school. All of a sudden, he wanted me to try out for this new team called the East Hudson Academy. This was way outside my comfort zone at nine years old. In the two years I was a part of the team, I learned some valuable skills on and off the field, and it was the first time getting feedback from coaches other than my dad, which was nice.”

The Ruby resident graduated from Kingston High School with Honors plus played piano and saxophone, as well as tutored students on the piano. Additionally, she helped restore an Apache reservation in New Mexico and rebuilt homes in Appalachia.

Good luck to Kyla, who will be studying and playing soccer at Temple University.

ENYYSA logo

Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association
: With 100,000 youth soccer players–both boys and girls–and more than 25,000 volunteers, the non-profit Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA) reaches from Montauk Point, Long Island to the Canadian border. Members are affiliated with nine leagues throughout the association, which covers the entire state of New York east of Route 81. ENYYSA exists to promote and enhance the game of soccer for children and teenagers between the ages of 5 and 19 years old and to encourage the healthy development of youth players, coaches, referees, and administrators.

The post NEW YORK YOUTH SOCCER SCHOLARSHIP GOES TO KYLA BURNS appeared first on SoccerToday.

Continue reading...

SoccerToday News from Diane Scavuzzo