• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

SAN DIEGO LOYAL ADDS ENGLISH NATIVE JACK BLAKE

D

Diane Scavuzzo

SD Loyal Brings Aboard Midfielder Jack Blake

English native joins the club after three seasons and a USL Championship with Real Monarchs

San Diego Loyal SC (SD Loyal) announced today the signing of midfielder Jack Blake, pending league and federation approval. Blake joins the club as it enters its second season in the USL Championship.

“Jack is one of the best midfielders in all of USL,” said EVP of Soccer Operations and First Team Manager, Landon Donovan. “He is a proven winner and has lifted a trophy in this league. Furthermore, he’s a great young man and a terrific leader and we are thrilled to have him join our club.”

Jack-Blake-announcement-on-SD-LOYAL-1024x536.jpg

On SD Loyal’s Facebook Blake says, “Let’s bring a championship to America’s Finest City!”

The English native, 26, departed the Monarchs as captain and his leadership on and off the pitch played a large role in guiding the club to their first USL trophy in 2019. Blake’s USL career has consisted of 61 regular season appearances, 4,544 minutes, 11 goals and 6 assists. He previously had stints at Tampa Bay Rowdies, Jacksonville Armada and Minnesota United. Prior to coming to the United States, he played with Nottingham Forrest in England.

Jake-Blake-at-MOnarchs.jpg

“I am delighted to be part of this ambitious organization that has built a strong culture and identity in such a short period of time,” said Blake. “I can’t wait to meet everyone at the club, all the fans and play in front of the supporters group, The Locals. I’m also looking forward to playing some entertaining football with this talented group of players and staff. Let’s bring a championship home to this incredible city!”

Jack Blake
Position: Midfielder
Height: 5-11
Weight: 174
Born: 9/22/1994
Hometown: Nottingham, England

The post SAN DIEGO LOYAL ADDS ENGLISH NATIVE JACK BLAKE appeared first on SoccerToday.

Continue reading...

SoccerToday News from Diane Scavuzzo