• Welcome to SD Soccer Talk the newest and greatest place for all your Soccer Discussions! Our aim is to provide you with an awesome space to talk, share and discuss what's going on in the San Diego Soccer Community. To be able to join in the discussion, you do need to register a free account. Registration is easy, and it only takes a few minutes! Click here to register!

BARCA ACADEMY’S AMADEO CHAPRU TATE SIGNS PRO CONTRACT

D

Diane Scavuzzo

Amadeo Chapru Tate Signed with CD Leganes

The Barca Residential Academy in Arizona is a one-of-a-kind youth soccer development program where top youth soccer players can live in a world immersed in the beautiful game. Here is the latest signing on one of their talented players.

Barca Residency Academy graduate Amadeo Chapru Tate has signed his first professional contract with Club Deportivo Leganés (CD Leganes), a Spanish futbol club located in the outskirts of Madrid that competes in the LA LIGA’s Segunda Division.

A native of Haiti, Tate grew up in New York where he fell in love with the game of soccer and spent time with MLS’ New York Red Bulls Academy.

Tate joined Barça Residency Academy in 2018 and played two seasons with the club. Tate led Barça’s USSDA U19 team in scoring last season (2019-20) with eight goals in 16 appearances before the season was cut short due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

12.11-1024x503.jpg

Tate officially signed his contract on October 1 and currently competes with the club’s U-23 team. “Playing with a club like CD Leganes has made my dream come true,” said Tate. “From here it’s only one of many steps within my journey.”

662x372a_08145818escudo_vector.jpg

“The first year I came to Barca Residency Academy I had no idea how to play the Spanish style,” said Tate on his time at Barça. “After being at the Academy for 2 years, I was able to absorb their football philosophy and really learn to be a technical player … when I came to CD Leganes, I had an edge from all the tools Barca Academy gave me.”

Tate is a player to watch as he begins to make his impact at his new home at the Estadio Municipal de Butarque working with head coach José Luis Martí.

Source: Press Release

The post BARCA ACADEMY’S AMADEO CHAPRU TATE SIGNS PRO CONTRACT appeared first on SoccerToday.

Continue reading...

SoccerToday News from Diane Scavuzzo